Located on the Hobartville Estate overlooking Hobart Town, the Friends School was founded in 1887 by the Quakers community and has evolved as an eclectic mix of buildings that relate the development of design in education over 120 years.
Self guided tours available throughout the day as well as a special limited guided tour at 2pm.
Address: 23 Commercial Rd, North Hobart
Open: 1pm-4pm, Saturday 5 November
Highlights: Portico, history of school architecture
Tours: Tours: Pre-booked tours at 2pm. Bookings essential
Building specs: Type: School, Built: 1889, Architect: George Fagg, Bernard Ridley Walker, SWT Blythe