This convict-built, heritage-listed building dates from 1841. Formerly an Anglican church, Holy Trinity is now owned by the Greek Orthodox Church. Designed in the Gothic Revival style by convict architect James Blackburn, Holy Trinity is regarded as Hobart’s most prominent colonial structure.
Address: 50 Warwick Street, Hobart
Open: 10 am – 4 pm, Saturday 11 November
Highlights: Bell tower, regarded by many as the Gothic masterpiece of James Blackburn, housing the oldest bells made for an Australian Church.
Tours: TBC – Guided church and ringing room tours led by Father Timothy run hourly from 10 am - 4 pm with bell ringing from 1 pm. Bookings not required.
Building specs: Year built: Foundation stone laid in 1841 by Sir John Franklin, Church built in 1846 with bell tower added six months after the main building.