Image supplied by City of Hobart

Alexandra Battery exists as one of six batteries built in the 1880’s to form the Derwent River Defence Force Network. On a large area of open space, the battery features a large fort complex of tunnels and store rooms and offers superb views of the Derwent River and beyond.

Address: Alexandra Battery Park, Sandy Bay Road, Sandy Bay

Newsletter