This convict-built, heritage-listed church dates from 1841. Formerly an Anglican church, Holy Trinity is now owned by the Greek Orthodox Church. Designed in the Gothic Revival style by convict architect James Blackburn, Holy Trinity is regarded as Hobart’s most prominent Colonial building.
Address: 50 Warwick Street, Hobart
Open: 10 am - 4 pm Saturday 10 November 2018. NO BOOKINGS REQUIRED
Highlights: Bell tower, regarded by many as the Gothic masterpiece of James Blackburn, housing the oldest bells made for an Australian Church.
Tours: 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm (30 mins). NO BOOKINGS REQUIRED - JUST TURN UP!
Building specs: Year Built: Foundation stone laid in 1841 by Sir John Franklin, Church built in 1846 with bell tower added six months after the main building.