St George’s Battery Point is one of the earliest Anglican churches in Tasmania. The original neo-classical building was completed in 1838 to a design by John Lee Archer. The convict architect James Blackburn designed its two distinctive additions: the 1847 tower and the 1888 portico.
Address: 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS
Open: 10 am - 4 pm Saturday 10 November, Sunday 1- 4 pm
Highlights: Greek-Revivalist style church, heritage listed
Tours: Saturday 10 November, 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3pm, Sunday 11 November, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3pm. BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
Building specs: Year Built: 1838. Architects: John Lee Archer and James Blackburn
Access details: Tours are suited to those who can navigate stairs.