Located in the old Hobart Fire Brigade’s 1911 Head Station, the Tasmania Fire Museum houses a collection of the state’s fire-fighting history, including a hand-drawn fire pump from 1826.
Please note, bookings are essential. Visitors to the building will need to note the following:
All visitors must remain with their assigned guide; as a 24/7 workplace, vehicle movements can occur without notice at any time and all visitors to the site must be aware of this; children must be accompanied by an adult; the visit will involve the use of stairs and no wheelchair access is available; there is no on-site parking available for visitors; there are no visitor toilet facilities on-site.
Address: Cnr Argyle and Melville Streets HOBART TAS 7000
Open: Pre-booked tours only, Saturday 11 November
Highlights: Fire-fighting vehicles and appliances
Tours: Pre-booked tours only at 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm (45 min tours)
Building specs: Building type: Fire Station, Built: 1911, Architect: Department of Public Works