The Hobart Savings Bank was established on Collins Street by a group of Hobart entrepreneurs in 1845. In 1859, a new building on Murray Street became the new head office of the Hobart Savings Bank, which was later known as the Savings Bank of Tasmania, Tasmania Bank and Trust Bank. More recently, the elegant sandstone building’s infamous red awnings have inspired a public heritage debate. The beautifully preserved interior is a sight to behold.
Address: 24a Murray Street, Hobart
Open: 10 am - 2 pm Sunday 10 November
Access details: Stair access only internally