Located in the old Hobart Fire Brigade’s 1911 Head Station, the Tasmania Fire Museum houses a collection of the state’s fire-fighting history, including a hand-drawn fire pump from 1826.
Address: Cnr Argyle and Melville Streets Hobart TAS 7000
Open: Saturday 10 November 2018. BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
Highlights: Historic fire-fighting vehicles and appliances
Tours: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm. BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
Building specs: Type: Fire Station. Year Built: 1911. Architect: Department of Public Works
Access details: All visitors must remain with their assigned guide as this is a 24/7 workplace. Vehicle movements can occur without notice at any time: all visitors to the site must be aware of this and children must be accompanied by an adult. The visit will involve the use of stairs and no wheelchair access is available. There is no on-site parking or toilet facilities available for visitors.